- Creating and managing user accounts
- The difference between different types of user profiles
- The difference between local and domain accounts
- How to search for users, contacts, groups and computer objects
- Creating and managing security groups and OUs
- How security group and organisational unit (OU) nesting works
- To have basic knowledge of using a computer system in general (i.e. home use)
Active Directory has been around since Windows 2000 and is the largely the same for anything above this, i.e. Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016.
This is a key skill for any IT professional / helpdesk technician and is used almost universally in large companies that have an IT helpdesk. In this active directory course, you will learn the following:
* How to manage active directory user accounts, groups and organisational units with the active directory users & computers console
* Best practices when setting and resetting active directory account passwords
* How to use the active directory search facility to easily find what you are looking for
Also, there are a couple of shortcuts included in the course which you should find useful.
- People who are just starting out in IT, i.e. Level 1 support on a service desk