- Anyone who wanted to test their knowledge in Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- Anyone who wanted to test their knowledge in Azure DevOps Solutions
AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
This exam is designed for candidates looking to demonstrate foundational-level knowledge of cloud services and how those services are provided with Microsoft Azure. The exam is intended for candidates with non-technical backgrounds, such as those involved in selling or purchasing cloud based solutions and services, or who have some involvement with cloud based solutions and services, as well as those with a technical background who have a need to validate their foundational-level knowledge around cloud services. Technical IT experience is not required, however, some general IT knowledge or experience would be beneficial.
This exam can be taken as an optional first step in learning about cloud services and how those concepts are exemplified by Microsoft Azure. It can be taken as a precursor to Microsoft Azure or Microsoft cloud services exams. While it would be a beneficial first step, validating foundational-level knowledge, taking this exam is not a prerequisite before taking any other Azure-based certifications.
- Understand cloud concepts (15-20%)
- Understand core Azure services (30-35%)
- Understand security, privacy, compliance, and trust (25-30%)
- Understand Azure pricing and support (20-25%)
AZ-400: Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions
Candidates for this exam are DevOps professionals who combine people, processes, and technologies to continuously deliver valuable products and services that meet end user needs and business objectives. DevOps professionals streamline delivery by optimizing practices, improving communications and collaboration, and creating automation. They design and implement strategies for application code and infrastructure that allow for continuous integration, testing, delivery, monitoring, and feedback.
Candidates must be proficient with Agile practices. They must be familiar with both Azure administration and Azure development and experts in at least one of these areas. Azure DevOps professionals must be able to design and implement DevOps practices for version control, compliance, infrastructure as code, configuration management, build, release, and testing by using Azure technologies.
- Design a DevOps strategy (20-25%)
- Implement DevOps development processes (20-25%)
- Implement continuous integration (10-15%)
- Implement continuous delivery (10-15%)
- Implement dependency management (5-10%)
- Implement application infrastructure (15-20%)
- Implement continuous feedback (10-15%)
- IT Professionals
- IT Sales & Marketing
- IT students
- Cloud users
- Business Analyst
- DevOps professionals