- Differentiate between real assets and financial assets
- Identify different types of financial assets
- Explain the decisions associated with different portfolio construction strategies
- Recognize the implications of competitive financial markets
- Classify the major players and their role in financial markets
- No specific prerequisite but should be able to recognize the potential success of investing in financial assets.
THIS IS A BEGINNER’S COURSE… 🙂
Welcome to the market of fund – THE FINANCIAL MARKET.
- Are you a stock investor?
- Are you planning to invest in stocks and other financial assets?
- Do you want to be a smart investors who potentially outperform others by getting more return with less risk?
- Do you want to know the players making up the financial market setting?
- Are you interested to know the constraints you may encounter in a highly competitive market?
- Are you looking forward for a better investment management strategy?
If the answers to the above questions are ‘YES‘, then this course is for you.
As an investor in the financial market securities like stocks, bonds, funds, or financial derivatives, we should know the structure and players of the financial markets. This would make it possible to formulate and employ better investment management strategies and a greater success.
Knowledge of the nature of financial assets, financial market participants, competition and its impact in the financial market, and types of investment management strategies and actions can start preparing one as well-informed, smart, and wise investor who could outperform many others just following others’ actions and/or rumors in the market.
Hence, the aim of this course is to introduce the students with financial and real assets for investment, investment setting in the financial markets, and the basic investment management decisions and strategies.
More specifically, at the end of this course you should be able to:
- differentiate between real assets and financial assets.
- identify different types of financial assets.
- explain the decisions associated with different portfolio construction strategies.
- recognize the implications of competitive financial markets.
- classify the major players and their role in financial markets.
Looking forward to see you in the course.
This course consists of several video lectures that will be updated over time and based on students’ requests, quizzes at the end of every section for testing your level of understanding, and additional resources. The lectures contain explanations of necessary concepts along with examples and illustrations.
The instructor welcomes his students for continuous discussion with him. Any sort of input for improving the course is also appreciated. He also expects your positive and genuine review and rating of the course
- Stock traders
- Anyone who wants to be familiar with financial markets
- Anyone who intends to employ appropriate investment strategies
- Novice investment managers