- Anyone who wants to learn C Programming
- Advanced C Programming Users
The C preprocessor or cpp is the macro preprocessor for the C and C++ computer programming languages. The preprocessor provides the ability for the inclusion of header files, macro expansions, conditional compilation, and line control
In many C implementations, it is a separate program invoked by the compiler as the first part of translation
Preprocessing is defined by the first four (of eight) phases of translation specified in the C Standard
1) Trigraph replacement: The preprocessor replaces trigraph sequences with the characters they represent
2) Line splicing: Physical source lines that are continued with escaped newline sequences are spliced to form logical lines
3) Tokenization: The preprocessor breaks the result into preprocessing tokens and whitespace. It replaces comments with whitespace
4) Macro expansion and directive handling: Preprocessing directive lines, including file inclusion and conditional compilation, are executed. The preprocessor simultaneously expands macros and, in the 1999 version of the C standard, handles _Pragma operators
These questions will give you basic idea for Examination Preparation and/or interview on C Preprocessor for C Programming.
- These questions are only for practice and understanding level of knowledge only. It is not necessary that these questions may or may not appear for examinations and/or interview questions
- In this practice test, because of large amount of questions (around 43 questions) some of questions may have repeated
- I had to put as 70% pass rate because there may also be wrong answers from my side.