- How to teach safe, fun mindfulness practices to children.
- How to do simple mindfulness practices yourself, so you can confidently teach them!
- How mindfulness helps children grow their well-being, happiness, and empathy for themselves and others, as well as reducing their anxiety.
- Tips to choose the best practices to fit your child’s needs.
- How to explain mindfulness in child-friendly language.
- Ways to bring simple, but powerful mindfulness habits into your child’s daily routine.
- An interest in how mindfulness will benefit your child and teach them powerful skills for self-care.
- A spirit of curiousity and a willingness to practice mindfulness yourself.
Curiosity, kindness and calm–oh my! Learn how to teach simple mindfulness exercises to children, especially children who are having some anxiety. This course takes the mystery out of mindfulness and gives you the tools to teach short, safe exercises to children.
Master the Simple (and Fun) Skills of Teaching Kids Mindfulness
– Learn how mindfulness works, its many benefits and how it will help your child meet everyday challenges, including anxiety, with kindness and self-compassion.
– Explain mindfulness in kid-friendly language.
– Practice and teach specific mindfulness exercises to explore your child’s feelings, thoughts, inner quiet and more.
– Plan everyday mindfulness habits to build on what you learn.
Teach Your Child a Lifelong Skill for Well-being, Self-confidence and Resilience
This is a general beginner’s course on mindfulness for children, with a focus on children who experience some mild to moderate anxiety.
More and more studies on mindfulness for children are showing how it can reduce anxiety and depression, increase kids’ ability to self-regulate emotions, improve mental performance, and increase empathy for others just to name a few of the wonderful and wide-ranging benefits of mindfulness.
Contents and Overview
You’ll learn the essentials of mindfulness and why people practice it, why mindfulness is an especially valuable skill for children to learn, how to practice the exercises yourself so you can teach from experience, tips on teaching to children and how to make mindfulness habits a part of your child’s life.
In addition to the 1.5 hours of video lectures in the course, you’ll receive 6 downloadable guided exercises for children and 1 for adults, online exercises to help you connect what you learn to your child’s specific challenges, and other downloadable resources.
When you’ve completed the course, you’ll be able to explain mindfulness to a child, guide them through short mindfulness exercises and help them use what they learn to better manage their anxiety.
Join Me | You’ll Have Ongoing Support
I’m committed to you getting the most possible out of this course, so you’ll have ongoing support from me through the Udemy discussion board.
I look forward to showing you how mindfulness can help your child with anxiety and plant the seeds of an invaluable lifelong skill. I hope you’ll join me!
- This course is for parents or other carers who want a good introduction to mindfulness for children.
- It is for parents who have a child who has some mild to moderate anxiety.
- Parents who want to teach their child skills to help with their anxiety and worry.
- You don’t need any spiritual or religious beliefs to take this course.
- This course is not medical or psychological treatment. While mindfulness is a gentle and proven practice for people of all ages, it may not be recommended for your child if she or he has severe anxiety.